Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Will Andrea Meet the Deadline?

Aw, who knows. Poor Andrea. I hope she hasn't been feeling the pressure!

Anyway, the childhood development organization (CF) that the daycare works with finally got my referral for Andrea through. They called, and we set up an appointment for a physiotherapist to come out to our house next Thursday and assess Andrea's needs. CF is well aware of the time crunch with the daycare; they have heard both sides of the situation (mine and the daycare's), and are doing their best to make Andrea's case a top priority.

CF has given me a glimmer of hope. On the day we set up the assessment visit, the lady said something to the effect of, "We may be able to make a recommendation to the daycare that Andrea is able to advance in the program," even if she's not totally walking. I am trying not to pin my hopes upon that too much.

But after having a bit of a chat with the office staff at the daycare today, I got the same feeling from them--that they are kind of waiting to hear what CF has to say about Andrea's abilities. The lady in charge of the daycare placements told me today that she has the paperwork done up for next month, with Andrea listed as moved to the Toddler Room . . . on the assumption that she'll be ready to go. Argh. We're so close I can taste it!

Anyway, I put Placement Lady on the spot and said, "So what's Andrea's official last day, if she isn't walking well enough? Is it January 23rd (her 18-months)? or February 1st?"

Placement Lady hedged once again: "We could probably finish out that week of February 1st . . ."

How generous of her. One extra day! ;p

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker