Sunday, October 01, 2006

Surprise Sing-Along!

As Andrea splashed away in the tub this evening, I realized I had forgotten to grab her hooded towel from her closet. To be sure she knew I was right nearby (just across the hall), and hoping to distract her from getting into trouble for the 20 seconds I'd be away, I started singing: "Old MacDonald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O. And on his farm he had a cow . . ." I paused, to check on her, and heard . . .

" . . . eeyi-eeyi-eeyi-eeyi . . ."

So, I returned to the bathroom and started singing the song again. Every time I came to the "E-I-E-I-O" part, I would pause; and Andrea would chime in, "Eeyi, eeyi, eeyi, eeyi . . ."!

I was so surprised! We got her one of those one of those See and Say toys for her birthday, where you pull the handle and it tells you, "The dog says, 'woof,woof!'". It is farm-themed, and if you point it at the right picture, it will play Old MacDonald. She's only become interested in it in the last two weeks or so, and I have to pull the handle for her, so it's not like she's heard the song all that much. That's why I was so amazed that she knew how to do the "E-I-E-I-" part.

If you noticed, she wasn't doing the "O" at the end. So, after her bath was done and she was in her pj's, I got her to sing the song again, but reminded her to add on the "O" at the end. It was so funny, because she just kind of tacked it on, when Mommy prompted her--kind of like an afterthought. :))

Anyhow, you know I had the camera going for this one: Andrea's first official song!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How adorable is that!

Thanks for sharing...makes me feel like I am right there watching her :))

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker