Thursday, October 12, 2006

Snow Falls and Snow Squalls!

My goodness, I thought the meteorologists were overreacting when they said there would be areas of high winds and brief downbursts of heavy snowfall, with reduced visibility, this afternoon.

For once, they were right!

When I left to pick Andrea up from daycare today, it was 38 degrees outside, but sunny. Within 20 minutes, dark clouds rolled in, and it started to snow. Okay, I had expected some flurries. The wind was pretty bitter, but I had sent her off with lots of protective gear this morning, so I wasn't too worried about it. Andrea wasn't happy about being bundled up (she cried), but she smiled when she saw the camera. :))


While waiting for the bus on the way home, IT HIT! It was snowing and blowing so hard, that I could barely see! I leaned over and tried to shield Andrea as best as I could. Thankfully, she was fine--I had her all bundled up, and it was only about 5 minutes into the squall that the bus came. But I was frozen stiff, and breathless!

There were snow squalls off and on the whole way home, but none as bad as the one while we were waiting outside for the bus (nice timing, eh?). Another really intense one hit at about six o'clock, when I was making dinner, and I got some pictures of that. But the pictures don't even do it justice.

The last picture, in particular, shows how weird the weather was--some sun, some dark sky, and some snow coming down, all at once! And we usually don't get our first flurries until early November. Yikes!

Mommy says, with weather like this, Andrea has to wear a hat, scarf, and mittens--whether she likes it, or not! :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhh, sweet!
(both the snow and Andrea)
I can see big snowflakes in the pic.

I hope you get lots of snow so you can teach Andrea how to make Snow Angels :)

Love ya!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker