Thursday, September 14, 2006

re: Pointless Outing

I called Dr. A's (pediatrician) office this afternoon, to find out when Andrea's appointment is supposed to be.

The receptionist looks all through her files, comes back to the phone and says, "You missed it. It was at 10:15 a.m. yesterday."

"Um . . . I was at your office at 10:15 yesterday, and no one was there," I replied.

"Did you go to the Pediatric Clinic at Met?" she asks.

"My doctor didn't say anything about Met," I said irritably (suddenly understanding whose fault all this was), "She specifically told me to go to [this address] and [this room number]."

The receptionist sighs, clearly annoyed, and says, "I have it right here, in black and white, that you were supposed to go to the Clinic. I specifically squeezed you in for that date. Now we'll have to find something else!"

I could tell that her irritation was directed at my family doctor's office, and rightly so!

After that, she was quite nice to me, and "squeezed us in" again for Monday, at 10:15 again. I had to chuckle, and so did she a bit, because she told me to come to their office this time.

"YOUR office?" I asked, to clarify.

"Yes, it's at--oh, well, I guess you already know where it is!" she says.

"Yes, but just to be sure--you said YOUR OFFICE, the one at [address], right?"

"Yes."

"On Monday, at 10:15 a.m., right?"

"Yes."

"At YOUR OFFICE?"

"Yes!" Now she's laughing.

"Okay, thank you, bye."
***

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker