Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Pointless Outing

I have a headache. It bugs me when things don't go as they should, and then I get all stressed out, and I have to get everything sorted out again.

Guess what? Andrea and I went to meet her new pediatrician today. Guess what else? He wasn't there. No one was there!

Those of you with little ones, you know how hard it is to pack everything up and get them ready to go out--especially to a doctor's office, where you'll likely have to wait awhile, so you have to bring toys, snacks, etc., along with all the other basics. Well, add to that the fact that I have to take two city buses to get there, and it complicates things ten fold. Not only do you have to be on time for your appointment, you have to be on time for the buses! And you have to carry all the baby stuff in the stroller, and heave the stroller on and off of the bus! You have to work baby's feeding and sleeping schedule into the doctor's and the buses' schedules!

So, I barely manage to get myself and Andrea out the door on time, but we get to the doctor's office at exactly 10:15 a.m. (the time of her appointment). The door is closed. I try to open it. Nope. I knock. No answer. I check for signs that he moved or something. Nothing. So we go back downstairs, to a pay-phone, and I call my family doctor (who gave the referral) to see what's going on. I get the message, "We are on vacation until Monday." What?! And there is no phone book available, so I can't try the new pediatrician's office.

So, back on the bus we go, all the way home. Andrea missed her morning nap, and is cranky; Mommy has a ferocious headache, because this has been a headache! I called the new doctor's office, and they were not open today! They are open tomorrow, and I am calling as soon as they open to find out where the communication broke down, and why I was told Andrea had an appointment today, when no one was even in the office!

GEEZ!

You know what? I'll probably get my first work call for tomorrow, just to add to my stress!

***
I just got Andrea to lay down. I think Mommy needs to go lay down, too. ;p

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwww, poor Mommy and Andrea. I guess the valuable lesson here is to call and confirm appointments at least one day ahead of time...and possibly the morning of,as well... when you need to take the bus. One can only hope that as Andrea gets older, you can turn it into a positive outing, like girl shopping and a "girls only" luncheon like we used to do.
Relax, refresh, and good luck on the calls for jobs.
Hugs!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker