Monday, September 25, 2006

First Day Back

I won't go into too much detail about my first day back to work, because this blog is about ANDREA, and not work. (But believe me, an Occasional Teacher's adventures would make a great blog, if only I had the time!) I just wanted to clarify that I'm still what they call a "Casual" OT (Who comes up with this terminology?!), which means I'm on call, day-to-day, etc. And after my first day back, I am so happy that is the case!

After last night's boo-hoo fest, I wasn't too bad this morning. Daddy dropped me off at work first, before bringing Andrea to the babysitter's, so I only had to say a quick good-bye. I didn't have time to dwell on the parting, so that was good.

I did, however, cave into the temptation to call J. (the Monday thru Wednesday babysitter) during my lunch break, and see how things were going. Of course, Andrea was just fine; she was happy, had napped well, and they were just getting their lunch, too.

The day flew by, with a whirlwind group of grade 7's who were nice kids, but drove me nuts; so, it wasn't until after school was done, and I was waiting for Daddy and Andrea to pick me up, that I got the weepies again. When the car pulled up, I threw open the back door and grabbed Andrea, and gave her a great big hug and kiss! It was so cute, even as I was opening the door I could see Andrea through the window saying, "Hi! Hi!" and grinning away. When we got home, I scooped her into my arms and hugged her so tight, and she hugged me, but I kept hugging her, until she whined to get down! :)) I think she was saying, "Enough, Mommy! Why are you acting so weird?!"

Through second-hand reports (BIG sigh), I hear that Andrea had a very good day with J. and her two-year-old son (also J.). She had two good naps, and went down with little or no fuss; she and J. played nicely together in his playroom; she ate her food well, and even had some cucumbers; and she was an easy, happy baby. The only incident was during one diaper change, I guess Andrea peed all over! That surprised me--she hasn't done that since she was a few months old! Hmm, maybe she was marking her new territory?!

***
Going a bit backwards here, I know, but I'm worn out.
This morning, it was like she knew something was up when I got her out of bed--probably because she went right from bed into an outfit, a bottle, and a snack (we usually stay in our PJ's most of the morning). She probably sensed my preoccupation, and wondered why I was all dressed up and bustling about so early in the morning, too. She kept giving me the oddest looks, and seemed more like a lost puppy dog than ever--but she wasn't too upset or anything--just kind of confused.
We had a few minutes before we had to leave, and we were all set, so we relaxed in the living room. Daddy tried to get Andrea to say "I love you" for the camera; she wouldn't do that, but she did do the other cute "I love you"-related thing she does now: lean in and give a hug when you say it. :))
Then, she went about her usual business, including playing with Mommy's slippers (see Slipper Obsession)--so here's some pictures for those of you who have had trouble with the earlier videos .
(Sorry, Blogger's being really annoying lately: lots of problems with pictures, so here's a link to them on Putfile.)

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker