Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hormones?

I finally got my first call for work, tomorrow morning, at a grade school. I was just chatting to my dad a few hours ago, complaining how I haven't gotten any calls yet, and my schedule with Andrea is finally all settled, so what are they waiting for?! Want to know how I reacted after I got the call?

I cried.

Geez! And I am still all weepy. What's wrong with me? I thought I wanted to go back to work. I know Andrea will be in excellent hands.

I even snapped at Daddy when he got home from playing hockey, and he started asking me questions about location, times, etc. pertaining to work.

I know this sounds silly, but really, I guess I didn't realize how attached I am to my baby girl. Wait--that doesn't sound right--I don't know how to say what I'm feeling. I mean, I've been away from her overnight once before, but I think this is harder because I knew that night was a one-time thing, whereas this is officially going back to work--not seeing her all day long--on a regular basis. We've spent the first 14 months of her life together, pretty much 24/7, Andrea and Mommy: Mommy keeping tabs on everything, not missing a moment; driving each other crazy, and loving each other unconditionally.

Why is this hitting me so hard? It must be hormones or something. :p

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

A call from a grade school !
How wonderful :)
Big hugs, mommy, you are not alone.
Many a mom has cried when it's time to go back to work and leave your precious babe. Remember, this will be good for both you and Andrea. Makes you appreciate each other more. As you well know, it doesn't matter about the length of time you spend with Andrea, it is the quality of time.
Have fun on your new adventures :)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Good luck to you Julie. Please let me know how it goes...I'm so not looking forward to Nov.6th. I really don't know how I'm going to do it. I love our little routine. Why can't Matt win the damn lottery!!!

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker