Monday, February 12, 2007

We've Been SICK

My goodness, it has been crazy these past two weeks or so. It seems like there is always at least one person in our family who is really sick! First it was Mommy, then Andrea, then Daddy, and now Mommy again. It's round after round of cold and infection . . . blah.

But we have still managed to have some fun, and some family gatherings. I haven't been able to take a lot of pictures, but I managed to get a few.

Here's Izzy and Andrea, playing together for a bit at our Super Bowl party on February 4. Izzy was fascinated by Andrea, and tried to eat Andrea's shoes! Andrea, on the other hand, has no interest in babies. It's normal for her age, I guess, but it does kind of worry me how jealous she is of her attention and her toys. I guess she will learn soon enough.


On Saturday, February 11, we went to Mass, and a steak dinner, to celebrate Great-Grandpa Gagnon's 96th birthday. Andrea was really well-behaved during the Mass, but she didn't want to eat too much at the Hall. She did, however, chow down on Grandpa's chocolate eclair!

I got Andrea all dolled up for the occasion, since we don't get a lot of opportunities for fancy dress around here. I just love this picture! Check out the ponytail on top of her head. :))


Grandma and Grandpa Gagnon gave Andrea a Valentine's Day present, which she opened on Sunday morning. She liked the bouncy heart ball, and the musical flower, but her favourite thing was the heart-shaped lollipops! Andrea LOVES lollipops.


***

Daycare is going well. The only thing I've heard is that Andrea is coughing a lot (no big surprise, since we're constantly sick).

Today was the first day they had been able to take the toddlers outside to play in the playground. It has been far too cold up until now. Guess how Andrea reacted? Her teacher told me she CRIED the whole time they were outside! :(( Admittedly, I haven't really taken Andrea out to play in the cold (because we're always sick), so it must have been really weird for her. Plus, she would not be used to being all bundled up in her bulky snowsuit. I hope she gets over this soon! It kind of made me sad, because I remember how much I LOVED playing in the snow as a kid--but then, I was raised in the county. :))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww Mommy, don't be sad. She will love the snow just like you did. Give her time. Then it will be Mommy who hates the snow. Muddy boots, wet woollen mittens, and the famous "I just got stuffed into my snowsuit, and now I gotta pee!" :)
Hugs,

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker