Thursday, February 22, 2007

The Crooning Puppy

Gram and Grandpa G. gave Andrea a crooning puppy dog a while back. She didn't have much interest in it before; in fact, I think she was kind of afraid of it. Andrea has a bit of a "thing" about singing stuffed animals or puppets. They seem to weird her out a bit.

However, she suddenly decided that she likes her crooning puppy dog. And you know what happens when a toddler decides that they like something--you have to do it like 50 times in a row to keep them happy! So, here's Andrea, swaying to the crooning of her puppy, and imitating its moves!

http://media.putfile.com/Groovin-with-Puppy

***
In other Andrea news . . . she had been to her first appointment with the people who will be fitting her shoes with orthotics, and they say she will be fine with regular shoe inserts, so she won't need anything from the knee down. That was nice to hear. It will still be two or three more appointments before we get her actual shoe inserts.

She is doing great in daycare. I haven't heard anything but positive news from the Toddler Room staff.

I think we will be starting potty training soon, too. Andrea is showing a distinct interest in how the toilet functions (which makes me nervous sometimes), and today she told me that she had to go #2. Well, she said "Uh, oh," and I asked her, "What?" and she replied, "Poo!" I thought she was telling me that she had already gone in her diaper, but a few seconds later I realized she was in the act of going! If I had realized what she was trying to tell me, I would have made an attempt to take her to the potty!

What else? Oh, I don't know. She is so funny. She makes us laugh all the time. I wish I could capture all of her adorable moments, but there are just too many. She is getting to be quite the little chatterbox, and quite the comedian, too.

One thing I can tell you: this child loves CHEESE. I swear, each day when I get her home, the first thing she says is, "Cheese? Cheese? I want!" Her second favourite food is "ya-ya," which is yogurt.

Oh, and she continues to be a singer. Her favourite place to sing is in the car, where we are treated to Andrea's version of the ABC's nearly every morning. Tonight, she surprised us by singing, "Na-na-na, na-na-na, na-na-na-na, na-na-na" to the tune of Brahms' Lullaby! I guess I shouldn't be surprised, since I always sang it to her, and her musical-lights show for bedtime plays the tune, too.

Andrea also makes it very clear when she wants to go to bed now. If she's tired, she'll say "night" or "ni-night" so that we'll know she's ready for bed! And she says "I wuffoo" (I love you) and gives us a good night hug and kiss before going to bed. :))

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

all I can say is...
AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!
:))

Anonymous said...

Good God why can't my child tell me when it's night night time...it can be a battle sometimes.
Susan

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker