Thursday, June 14, 2007

Introducing "Egg Roll": A New Playmate for Andrea!


This is Egg Roll. He (we think it's a he) is our new kitten. A long time ago, Mommy promised Daddy he could name our next cat Egg Roll (thinking it would be years before we'd get another cat, since we already had Buster). After Buster died suddenly last year, we knew that we'd get another kitty, but we didn't know when. A few weeks ago, Aunt Kathy told us she had a cat that had kittens, and the Humane Society couldn't take them. So, we decided to adopt one. He was born May 1st, and was just ready to leave his momma now.
***

Andrea was intrigued by him right away. She wanted to watch (and copy!) everything he did, right away. We're glad she's excited about her new friend, but we've got to keep her out of his food and litter! So, he's going to stay downstairs for now.

Andrea saw him trying to climb the cage he came in, and up the furniture. So, she decided to try and climb our wall! I love how Egg Roll was watching her as much as she was watching him!
***
Andrea needed a few reminders to be gentle, but overall, she was really good with the new kitty. It's funny how Andrea is imitating the new kitten, right down to his tiny "Mew!" We keep reminding her that he's a baby, and we need to be gentle and not scare him. I think this is great practice for when Bud arrives next month. I also see it's good because the kitten is getting so much attention, and I can sense Andrea is adjusting to this.
***
I set up a bed for him downstairs tonight, nearby his food and litter. It took a couple of tries, but I think he likes it now.

Nighty-night, Egg Roll!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD! He is adorable! I LOVE HIM! I want one! Does she have any more? Seriously, I wonder how that would work... bringing a litty over the boarder...how much are they?
Congratulations on th enew little one!

~Donna

Anonymous said...

I meant kitty, not litty agh!

~Donna

Anonymous said...

Boarder=border lol. need to go to bed I think.

~Donna

Anonymous said...

That kitten is too cute. I'm sure before long, it'll be sleeping with Andrea, or you guys, on the couch, the table etc. You know how cats are!! Mom G

Anonymous said...

How adorable is that! I want one tooooooooooooo!!!!
I laughed at his name...perfect!
BTW, do you still have "Sushi" ?
There are no better pictures in the world than a child and baby animals. :)))

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker