Wednesday, August 09, 2006

miserable :((

Mommy is very sick right now, and that's throwing us all off track. Mommy has a horrible infection in the ear canal, that sounds like cotton stuffed in and feels like a migraine of the neck and ear. Mommy is grouchy, so Andrea is grouchy.

I guess Andrea got tired of my lying around and complaining yesterday afternoon. I was trying to get her to relax and snuggle with me on the couch, but she didn't want to. I had my arms around her, so she leaned down and bit me!

My first response, on instinct, was to slap her hand and yell "NO!" Then she started to cry, and I got upset, because I never, ever, slap her or yell at her. I don't think it's right. So, I kept her close until she calmed down, then I gave her a hug and a kiss. Tough dilemma. I did want her to know what she did was wrong, but I wanted her to know I didn't mean to hurt/scare her.

Then, I noticed she was eating fuzzies off the carpet (and gagging on them) again, so as crappy as I felt, I had to vacuum. well, you know, Andrea is on the move now. So she kept following me around, and grabbing at the vacuum cord. Gee, that's a nice safe plaything. And the word "NO" does not work with this child yet. It's meaningless to her!

http://media.putfile.com/080806-Vacuum-Stalker

(By the way, I hid the camera behind me while taking this video, so Andrea would not see it. Don't want her to think this is cute berhaviour!)

***

The only positive of the last two days: today she said "Ball" for the first time. It sounded like "Balle" (French pronunciation). :))
***
OMG, I am in so much pain. No wonder babies freak out when they have ear aches. Thank Goodness it is me who has this, and not Andrea!

No comments:

Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker